< < < BACK TO SPORTS & GAMES PAGE
|LPGA.com - News and Notes for the week of September 25, 2006 |
Bivens announces LPGA Commissioner's Advisory Council
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Commissioner Carolyn F. Bivens today announced the reformation of the Commissioner's Advisory Council.
The new Commissioner's Advisory Council is comprised of 22 individuals from the corporate, academic, political, philanthropic and cultural arenas and is co-chaired by Bivens and Charles S. Mechem, Jr., commissioner emeritus of the LPGA. The Commissioner's Advisory Council convened for the first time in early September and will continue to meet periodically each year.
The role of the Commissioner's Advisory Council is to provide both expertise and guidance in all aspects of the LPGA's business, while also serving as a sounding board as the LPGA continues to grow and evolve. Members will offer expert counsel and insight in their respective areas and will assist Commissioner Bivens and her staff in optimizing opportunities for the LPGA's future growth and long-term success.
“The LPGA is enjoying one of its most successful times in its history, and I am pleased to welcome the members of the Commissioner's Advisory Council to the LPGA team,” said Bivens. “These individuals represent some of the most creative and accomplished leaders in business. I look forward to working with them as we capitalize on the great performances and personalities of our members and the excitement and interest in women's golf around the world.” Mechem, who led the LPGA from 1990-95, also convened a Commissioner's Advisory Council during his tenure.
The LPGA's Commissioner's Advisory Council includes the following individuals.
* Carolyn F. Bivens, LPGA commissioner
* Charles S. Mechem, Jr., commissioner emeritus of the LPGA
* Edwin L. Artzt, retired chairman and CEO of the Procter & Gamble Company
* Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of The Advertising Council, Inc.
* Nancy Dorn, VP, corporate government relations of General Electric Company
* Alice Dye, golf course architect
* Evern Cooper Epps, president of The UPS Foundation, VP, UPS corporate relations
* Marsha J. Evans, Rear Admiral (retired) and former president and CEO of the American Red Cross
* Frank J. Fahrenkopf Jr., president and CEO of the American Gaming Association
* Joie Gregor, vice chairman of Heidrick & Struggles
* Bonnie Hill, president of B. Hill Enterprises, LLC
* Robert Jaffe, president and principal of M/A/S/ Capital Corp.
* Bill Katz, executive chairman of Visible World
* Nancy Lopez, LPGA Tour and World Golf Halls of Fame member
* Zoli N.R. Kunene, chairman, Women's World Cup of Golf, Advisory Board
* Anne Mariucci, private investor; former president of Del-Webb Corporation
* Steve Mona, CEO of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
* Susan Neely, president and CEO of the American Beverage Association
* J. Bonnie Newman, interim president, University of New Hampshire
* The Honorable Tom Ridge, former Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and former Governor of Pennsylvania
* Sheila Tate, vice chairman of Powell Tate/Weber Shandwick
* Kathy Whitworth, LPGA Tour and World Golf Halls of Fame member